Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dancing My Heart Out ~ An IQS Continued


As I looked at the empty ballet studio that I'd known for eight years, I thought about how my ballet journey had started. When I'd first watched a video of the ballet Nutcracker at the age of six, I'd gotten hooked. I'd immediately asked my mom to sign me up for ballet lessons. For two years, I'd switched in between ballet teachers, all saying that I was too talented and needed a more serious teacher. My last teacher, Mrs. Liu, a graceful Asian-American had recommended Mrs. King.

That's how Mrs. King and I's journey began. The first time I danced for her, I was nervous but did well overall. It wasn't my best. She saw through my nervousness and saw the real dancer inside me. The strong, potential ballet dancer who had a dream. She helped my inner dancer come out. Slowly in the next eight years, she dealt with my weaknesses, strengthened my strengths, and put me in competitions. I can't say I'd been all that agreeable, but now that I look back, I am so glad she put me there. SHE was the one who knew me the best, better than I knew myself. Now she was gone.

My eyes started to well up. No, I thought furiously to myself. This is not a time to cry. You must stay strong, Camilla. You need to find a way to make this studio stay.
~ ~ ~
That night, I barely at any dinner. I didn't even think about eating dinner because my mind was set on finding an idea of how to keep the studio. Which actually was pretty hard and stressful, given on the fact that the government wanted to take it apart to build a railroad. Which was pretty important. I let out a frustrated groan.

"Camilla, what's wrong?" My mom, Leslie Parker asked me in a very concerned tone. "You've hardly eaten any dinner, and haven't talked for the whole day ever since you got back from that dancing competition."
"Ignore her," My little sister, Paige said. "She's just being that boring Camilla she is."

I sighed. I wasn't being the greatest big sister, I know. Paige, at age 8, was still in that mood where she needed someone to play with her at all times. Sadly, I have no time. In fact, I harshly rejected her this afternoon, which is why she was - is - being icy towards me.

Just great, I thought. This whole thing was making everyone upset. NOT a good start.
~ ~ ~

Yay! It's being  continued, since I have lots planned for this IQS. :) Stay tuned!! AAH! So excited!


4 comments:

EYYYY :D
It's the crazy author of the blog!
Come on, comment, you know you can!